Saturday, March 3, 2012

Desk Chair Makeover


O.k.  I have been sitting in this blah boring desk chair for five years now at my current school.. So, yesterday I decided I'd had enough and had to do something.  I had looked at this ratty old thing for too long.  The worst thing is all the teacher's chairs on campus, expect for maybe administration's chairs, look like mine.  When it comes to summer break and cleaning time on campus, all of the teacher's chairs get lumped together in one spot.  Somehow this year I received one that had been faintly written on in orange marker.  That was it.  I had to change it.  I had seen this post for recovering an office chair at Saving 4 Six.  She made it look so easy and it was.  I was able to take the whole chair apart very easily, used a staple gun, applied fabric, and ta da.


Behold!  The new desk chair.  Of course, it couldn't be any plain boring fabric for an art classroom.  This ties in with my table cloths that I have on a couple of tables in the room.  It was huge hit with the students.  My...what a little change will do for the creative soul.



Hi everyone!  I've moved to artzycreations.com.  Check out my new website.  I am always producing new material so please check it out and follow me there.
Many Thanks,
Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute...so bright and fun! Thanks for the shout-out!
    Carrie
    www.saving4six.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on the hunt for Packer material right now! Woot Woot!

    ReplyDelete