Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Funny Art Work

I had to share this because this was something that made me laugh for a while.  Let me start by saying my daughters both love art and are very good artists.   Lily has been following in her sisters footsteps every since I can remember.  What ever Emma is doing, Lily is not far behind.  I think Lily is 2 1/2 trying to be 7 all the time.  Lily has these mad drawing skills though.  Here's a picture she colored around 2 years of age using markers.



It's unbelievable that she stays in the lines so well.  That's changed a little bit now that we have her in preschool/daycare.  We find that she wants to copy a lot of the kids so she is imitating what we call scribble scrabble.  Totally normal for her age, but it's hard to get her to draw so nicely again.




Still not bad and she does a nice job.  We got Emma a new sketchbook and Lily got a mini one of her own.  A pocket size sketchbook that is easy for her to carry.  Here's her picture.  She described her picture to us.




Are you ready for this... she said it was a cheese stick.  How cute and it made me chuckle really hard.  She jumped up and down just saying, "Cheese stick Mommy!  Cheese stick Mommy!"  You know.  I can see it.  That would be the one to the right.  I can see how that would be a cheese stick to her.  The little things that make us smile are truly sometimes...very little.  



Hi everyone!  I've moved to artzycreations.com.  Check out my new website.  I am always producing new material so please check it out and follow me there.
Many Thanks,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment